Street deck ProKit
These kits are designed for the board builder who is experienced with board building and ideally in the Roarockit vacuum method.
Position of the valve on the press: The valve can be positioned in the center (for most wood projects) or off-set for wet resin (epoxy) pressings. Please specify your choice when ordering.
If you choose an "offset" valve for working with epoxy, you can also use your press with woodworking glues. The offset valve is simply to ensure epoxy does not go up the valve and clog it.
How do I shape the mold foam?
View our tutorial first, then assemble the tools to mark, cut and sand the mold foam.
What else do I need to make a board with this kit?
A glue roller, possibly an off-cut sheet of plywood to act as a stiffener under the mold, and a jigsaw (or bandsaw) to trim out the pressed board
How radical a shape will the maple veneers bend around?
If you can bend it with your hands, it will bend in the Thin Air Press. Best way to check is to do a DRY RUN, stack your veneer on the mold and press it in the TAP bag.
Street Deck ProKit
This Prokit includes everything you need to build two custom Street Decks
- 2 Cross band, 5 CORE sheets and 2 Face
- Included per set
- One way Valve
- Choose centre or offset placed valve
- Number of molds included in this pack
- 1 slab of 34 x 9,5 x 3" (86 x 24 x 7 cm) foam for mold shaping
- Titebond Ultimate III Glue
- Included 32 oz (946 ml)
- Thin Air Press Kit
- 20x70” heavy duty vinyl vacuum bag (51 x 178 cm)
- Number of Decks included
- 2 sets of 7 ply Canadian Maple Veneer
- Strength of the Thin Air Press
- Around* 14.22 psi (1kg/cm²)
- Thickness of crossband sheets
- 1/22'' (1,15 mm)
- Thin Air Press parts included
- Thin Air Press pump, extra sealing tape, breather netting and instructions