Thin Air Press
Roarockit offers the tools and the materials to make it possible for everyone, from beginner to expert, to design and to build high quality custom skateboards and other bent wood projects.
How does it work?
Here is a step by step explanation of a board build using our kits.
- Glue your layers of veneer.
- Place your glued veneers onto your pre-shaped mold, or a mold that you have shaped yourself beforehand.
- Slip your stacked project into the Thin Air Press.
- Place the breather netting under the valve and across your project.
- Close the Thin Air Press, making it 100 % air tight by using the sealing tape at the opening of the bag.
- Extract the air from the Thin Air Press using the manual vacuum pump.
- Leave your project in the TAP for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Once your project has dried, open the press and take out your project.
- Finish off your project using a scrapper and sanding paper
- Now all that is left to do is varnish, apply your graphics and there you have it !
The Thin Air Press and how it works
The Thin Air Press kit is an inexpensive technique that can be used for a variety of different projects, from laminating skateboard decks and building composite wings for model aircrafts, to musical instruments and building furniture wood components.
The TAP vacuum bag, is made of sturdy 20 mil vinyl that will not leak.
When using this system, there is no need to have an electrical pump running continuously until a vacuum project is set.
The hand vacuum pump connects to a one-way valve on the TAP bag.
Our pump produces more than enough pressure for most forms of laminating, easily exerting 15 psi of pressure onto your project. This is equal to most electric vacuum pumps used for composite or veneer vacuuming.
All components of this kit are reusable many times over and epoxy and PVA glues will not stick to the bag.
Building your own deck
Build your dream deck with the patented Thin Air Press, high density foam molds and high quality veneer!
Roarockit Skateboard Europe provides the tools and materials in kit form, for building street decks, longboards, cruisers and custom boards.
If you are new to skateboard building, start with a Double or Triple Complete Kit with pre-shaped molds and veneer to learn the Roarockit technology deck building process. Then move on to create more elaborate projects by shaping your own foam mold and using our uncut sheets of maple or bamboo veneer for your dream boards.
Why build your own deck
Build your dream deck from A-Z easily, using Roarockit technology.
It's DIY and you'll be proud to ride a deck YOU made !
The innovation of the Thin Air Press and kits, enables skateboard decks to be built in a classroom without power tools and involves students in a wide range of educational subjects.
Bent wood projects
It is possible to build a large variety of bent wood projects using the Roarockit process!
All your laminating ideas are possible ! Build your own furniture, do your own marquetry, make musical instruments...!
For larger projects we offer extra large Thin Air Presses of up to 2 m and extra large sheets of veneer up to 122 cm ! Dream it, make it, ride it .
For further information, tutorials and videos, please check out our blog and FAQ's section. You can also contact us by email (email@example.com) or by telephone at +33 (0)5 72 39 09.